Project Finance & Purchase Agreements
This practical two-day course, Financing Agreements in Project Finance, examines the role of project documents, taking into account the perspectives of the lender, sponsor and offtaker, before moving on to a more detailed overview of the Power Purchase Agreement/Concession Agreement, the Turnkey Construction Contract, and Operation and Maintenance Agreements. Through practical workshops and exercises, you will analyse the key provisions of an agreement to identify key areas of bankability.
The second day of the course introduces each of the basic financing agreements (loan agreement, Intercreditor agreement, security documents and sponsor support), to analyse their distinct characteristics and typical provisions.
- Understand the role of project documents
- Review the concession contract, power purchase agreement, turnkey construction contract, and operation and maintenance agreements
- Understand risk allocation and learn how to apply risk allocation techniques
- Analyse key provisions of project loan agreements
- Examine the security documents
- Review direct and sponsor support agreements
- Learn effective documentation techniques
- Explore the main covenant issues
This course combines formal instruction and presentations with case studies, practical exercises and group discussions to reinforce key learning points and ensure the training experience is relevant and engaging.