Risk Based Auditing of Projects and Contracts
Modern Internal Audit functions have a key role in enabling organisations to deliver projects within cost targets, to the required quality and on time. You will develop greater understanding of how the risk-based audit approach provides the opportunity to improve the organisation’s delivery of projects.
Through evaluation of why projects do not achieve the desired outcome and what can be done to avoid common mistakes in project delivery, this course practically demonstrates how internal auditors are able to employ a risk-based audit approach at every stage of the project to support success.
This course will also cover a range of key projects, common in the majority of organisations, to provide deeper understanding of how to approach auditing these projects in a practical and cost-effective way.
In addition, there will be opportunity to discuss existing project concerns in a safe and professional environment.
This course is designed for those who have an interest in auditing projects and contracts. Although the course is focused at intermediate level, all delegates will gain maximum benefit from the course if they have a reasonable understanding of or experience in projects either from an audit involvement or project involvement.
- Heads of Audit, Audit Managers and Senior Auditors
- Project Managers and Project Programme Managers
- Auditors responsible for undertaking project audit assignments
- Other professionals who need to understand the risks impacting complex projects
- Managers and Directors of business functions – to aid their knowledge of a risk based audit approach to projects
- Establish how to effectively identify, measure, evaluate and control project risks
- Appreciate the benefits of proactive risk-based audit of key projects
- Understand how to audit major projects, including IT projects and Joint Ventures in a practical and cost-effective way
- Apply the concepts and practical application of a risk-based audit approach to deliver project success
- Enable project delivery to time, cost and quality objective